From: "Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] New sudo format string vuln
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:20:33
1 Systems compiled with -D_Fortify_source=2 are not vulnerable. If I'm not
2 wrong it's a format string vulnerability.
3
4 2012/1/31 RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
5
6 > Not sure how much testing anyone else has done (and it warrants more
7 > testing), but I just tested this on a rather out-of-date machine
8 > running hardened-sources-3.0.4 and sudo-1.8.2-r1. I had brute-force
9 > prevention enabled, and not only was the vulnerability not successful,
10 > I was locked out from all execution under my UID for 15 minutes -
11 > couldn't even su over from root. Definite win for hardened!