From: Joern Wittek <webmaster@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux denials due to race conditions?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:08:23
1 > I'm on the 2006.1 unstable profile for selinux and think I may have a
2 > race condition that results in avc denials before selinux has finished
3 > labeling things like /dev. For example, the first denial below appears
4 > to be where /etc/hotplug.d/default/default.hotplug is peeking and poking
5 > around with /dev/null. The denial has it as a system_u:object_r:file_t,
6 > but when I look at it from a running system I see it as a
7 > system_u:object_r:null_device_t.
8 Please check if your root-filesystem still contains a (static) /dev
9 populated with incorrectly labeled device files. When the system boots,
10 these files are "those that matter" until the scripts come into play and
11 "overmount" /dev with tmpfs and create properly labeled device-files.
12 My static /dev contains only /dev/console and /dev/null on disk and boots.
13
14 greets
15 Joern
16 --