From: atoth@××××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Firefox+PaX+amazon.com
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:48:03
1 On Vas, November 4, 2007 10:36, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > On 4 Nov 2007 at 7:54, atoth@××××××××××.hu wrote:
3 >
4 >> FYI:
5 >> I've bumped Firefox to 2.0.0.8 a few hours ago.
6 >
7 > that's already obsolete ;-)
8
9 Sorry, it's 2.0.0.9...
12 >> I recompiled all plugins
13 >> and the noscript extension. Visiting amazon.com now results in a PaX
14 >> execution attempt. If I filter amazon using noscript and adblock, it
15 >> loads
16 >> fine.
17 >
18 > what's the exact PaX log? PaX triggers on all kinds of bad code execution
19 > attempts, be that due to simply buggy code (say, NULL deref) or deliberate
20 > attacks.
21
22 There was some NULLs also, but this one is called anonymous mapping. I
23 attach the maps file and the log.
24 The event is preceded by sig11 and it tries to dump core. No matter what I
25 set for ulimit -c (unlimit, 4096, etc...) it constantly complains about
26 RLIMIT_CORE 0 in the grsec.log. What else must be done to raise the core
27 limit?
30 > --
31 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list

pax.log application/octet-stream