From: Jan Klod <janklodvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] whitelist of apps granted network access?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:34:26
1 Is there some known good way to make an effective whitelist of applications,
2 which are granted network access?
3
4 By the way, there is another related question: I remember, I once started
5 googleearth as user1 and had firefox running as user2; really, googleearth
6 opened link into user2's firefox! So I can easily have an illusion of
7 protection such a way (user1 application bypasses firewall by signalling
8 user2 application somehow).
9 What the question really is? How can I know, that particular application can
10 make / accept a dangerous signal (or other interprocess comm.) and how can I
11 forbid that, if necessary?
12
13 Jan