From: John Huttley <John@×××××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] daemons not running in assigned domains
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:23:14
1 Ok, that makes sense, Mike.
2 The fact that my policies had not been loaded (see postings of a couple
3 of days ago) seems
4 to have done a number on my system. I think I'll do a complete emerge
5 world tonight..
6
7 --john
8
9 Mike Edenfield wrote:
10 > John Huttley wrote:
11 >> Hi,
12 >> I've had a situation where most of my daemons were running in the
13 >> initrc_t domain.
14 >> Although the correct selinux-* packages were emerged, the polices
15 >> were not loaded, due to issues with the base policy.
18 >> I've reemerged the affected packages and that seems to fix the problem.
19 >>
20 >> Is this a general truth? The selinux-xx policy must be emerged,
21 >> installed and running ./before/ emerging the xx package?
22 >
23 > I think this is true, that the policy should be in place before the
24 > package is installed. This way, all of the file contexts and type
25 > rules are in place before the binaries are installed and launched.
26 >
27 > However, if you have "selinux" in your USE flags, portage should pick
28 > up the proper policy packages and emerge them, in the right order,
29 > automatically.
32 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list