From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Grsec and shutdown (unable to umount / )
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 02:54:01
1 Hi All,
2
3 I do believe that this is an unsolved issue. I've search through the
4 grsec forums and according to it, There is a need to do a gradm -D (to
5 disable) gradm prior to be able to do a shutdown. (I've not tried it as
6 I don't have access to the system now)
7
8 I just want to verify if there is anyone here who also suffers this and
9 what are the proper/needed steps to avoid this? (it's really painful to
10 have to remember this and do a gradm -D each time)
11
12 Note : Granted the server rebooting cycle isn't near in between. :-)
16 Ow Mun Heng
17 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
18 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
19 Neuromancer 10:48:56 up 1:49, 6 users, load average: 1.48, 1.36, 1.36
23 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list