From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] AMD64 + hardened
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:29:52
1 Javi Moreno wrote:
2 > You can try SmartBootManager from a floppy and then boot the amd64
3 > gentoo cd.
4
5 I guess I didn't highlight the point enough, but this is a cheap rack
6 mounted server on the far side of the internet. I don't even have
7 access to the bios, let alone the CD or floppy drives. Hence why I was
8 trying to modify the CD to boot from GRUB on the HD.
9
10 > If you're doing a 32bit install use i686 not pentium4, check if your
11 > amd64 support sse3, if so add -msse3.
12
13 OK, I'm curious. Why i686 instead of pentium4?
14
15 I see your point on the -msse3.
16
17 Cheers