From: Alexander Gabert <pappy@××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Cc: pageexec@××××××××.hu, etoh@××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] small subset of most common daemons and programs on a hardened server
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:57:42
1 hi gentoo hardened developers and users,
2
3 i would like you to send me a collection of daemons and packages
4 that are regularily used on your hardened web/mail/whatever servers.
5
6 please do not send stuff about XFree86 or any gnome or kde tools.
7 these will be tested at a later point in time :-)
8
9 i will use this collection of "important daemons and sysutils" to test
10 the new etdyn and propolice compilation especially with those programs
11 you send to me.
12
13 i am primarily thinking about http servers like apache and roxen, ftp
14 servers like proftpd, mail servers, sql and other exposed daemons.
15
16 a simple list comes out with:
17 root # qpkg -I
18
19 this prevents the coming up of bugs when we roll out our new compilation
20 techniques and takes a significant part in the quality of the processes
21 we are evaluating to introduce a transparent, secure and easy to manage
22 recompilation of userland with the PaX and SSP hardenings.
23
24 thanks in advance,
25
26 Alex
27 --
28 A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.
29
30 Buy the negatives at any price.
33 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list