From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] problems with bittorrent and bittornado
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:15:01
1 Hi,
2 On нд, 2004-08-01 at 16:55, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
3 > > > PS: rumen, i think you don't need to bother with those extra logs and
4 > > > straces i asked for in the previous mail, just disable MPROTECT
5 > > > on python and be done with it (i've tested it here).
6 > > >
7 > > Did it, see previous mail-reply (disabled ALL ASLR on python).
8 > > Still no luck.
9 >
10 > hmm, i must have missed that reply, but in any case, i didn't talk
11 > about ASLR (that's irrelevant here) but MPROTECT specifically (i.e.,
12 > paxctl/chpax -m) and i verified that it worked fine. if that still
13 > dies on you, then i'd like to see the logs (just to see if it's
14 > still PaX related, although i doubt it is given that it works here).
17 > --
18 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
19 >
20 Previous reply returned back, my fault miscalculated the attachments
21 size (a little bit over 40K).
22 Never mind. Already had sent the second reply so didn't resent the
23 first. There was new info in the second email.
24 Yes did chpax -mrp.. on /usr/bin/python, then run ... - killed.
25 Later removed (unmerge) psyco and things started, not fully but started
26 to work, gave me some site rejected error, but that must be something to
27 do with FW-ports. i'll stop shorewall (or edit rules-add port) and try
28 again. With azureus had to open 6881 to connect.
29 Thanks
30 Rumen