From: Pedro Venda <pjvenda@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: pageexec@××××××××.hu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] simple PaX memory protection benchmark
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:24:01
1 On Tuesday 09 August 2005 01:14, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2 > On 8 Aug 2005 at 17:23, Pedro Venda wrote:
3 > > I've written a small document describing a simple benchmark of the PaX
4 > > memory protections overhead on different x86 CPUs. There is a theoretical
5 > > section where I try to explain what do PAGEEXEC and SEGMEXEC actually do,
6 > > there is the benchmark itself and some notes on the results.
7 > >
8 > > http://arrakis.dhis.org/linux/doc/pax-performance/
9 > >
10 > > Hoping to get back some comments but mostly wrong or misleading data
11 > > reports.
12 >
13 > first of all, a big thank you for doing this work, it was badly
14 > missing from the PaX docs. below i'll comment on a few things:
15
16 hi,
17
18 thanks for your comments. they assume a bigger meaning being you who part (or
19 all) of the PaX development team and documentation.
20
21 I'll dig in your comments in the following days and make the necessary
22 improvements, after which I'll say something here.
23
24 kind regards,
25 pedro venda.
28 Pedro João Lopes Venda
29 email: pjvenda < at > arrakis.dhis.org
30 http://arrakis.dhis.org