From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] mySQL twice as slow on hardened (grsec) sources?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:16:13
1 Hi all,
2
3 I just migrated a standard gentoo/linux to a hardened profile including
4 hardened-sources with grsecurity enabled and PaX-disabled.
5
6 Well, it is basically used as a mySQL server, however, we do a biig sql db
7 import once a week to operate on it. the import took about 12 hours.
8 but now, using the hardened sourced and the hardened profile built system it
9 really taked about 24+ hours.
10
11 this really confuses me. can it be because of the extra validations the
12 kernel-/userspace has to perform?
13
14 mysqld still ran at 100%, before the hardened migration and after.
15
16 because *if* it is really the hardened enabled stuff that lowers the
17 performance that much, than we need to revert to non-hardened - and I don't
18 like that idea yet :)
19
20 Any hints on this topic are really welcome,
21 Thanks in advance,
22 Christian Parpart.