From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] purpose of guard.c (ssp_guard.o)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:22:37
1 Hello!
2
3 What is the purpose, use of the file(s)? I do not have a gentoo
4 installation, but I am considering using it on my platform (uClibc). I
5 know it is regarding to propolice, but when are they used. I have checked
6 the scripts from hardened-gcc-2.4.4, and it looks like you use them only
7 for static binaries. Is this right? Is it needed, if all the builds are
8 done with -fstack-protector(-all) set?
9
10 The patch (2.4.20-xxx, guard, smash) for the kernel produces warnings,
11 regarding guard from lib/propolice.c, when the kernel is
12 built. I haven't activated HAVE_PROPOLICE yet. Is this
13 normal?
14
15 Peter
18 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
19 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
23 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
24 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list