From: Chris Richards <gizmo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Update on SELinux development guideline(s)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:19:28
1 > I'd rather use the gentoo_ prefix for those things that we *know* are not
3 > be merged upstream anytime soon and which are /Gentoo/ specific (like some
4 > of our booleans).
5 >
6 > Any objections here?
7
8 It seemed like a good idea at the time. Sounds like it has created more
9 problems than it solved?
10
11 My main concern (which prompted the current scheme) was that I didn't want
12 us creating collisions with upstream policy. It sounds like what you are
13 saying is that there are already enough issues with applying upstream
14 policy that our current scheme isn't really saving us anything. That
15 being the case, I think I am OK with dropping the prefix.
16
17 Later,
18 Gizmo