From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] app-admin/setools
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 19:37:11
1 I just committed app-admin/setools, and it should be hitting rsync by
2 the time you read this. It is a set of graphical tools for managing
3 SELinux policy. It does require X, but does not have to be installed on
4 a SELinux machine. So you can copy your policy over to your workstation
5 and edit and analyze it. If you install it on a selinux machine, there
6 is a tool (seuser) for managing users, and keeping the selinux and unix
7 user consistent. I dont have X on my test box, so I had to set up a
8 fake policy to test this out, so its not well tested.
9
10 There is an issue with the policy analyzer (apol) where it complains
11 about var_run_lpd_t not being a type. Apol doesnt handle type aliases
12 (var_run_lpd_t is an alias of lpd_var_run_t). I removed all the aliases
13 from the selinux-base-policy. The next base-policy release will be
14 soon, pending the closing of two open bugs. If you cant wait, I'll be
15 releasing another cvs base-policy snapshot later today with the removed
16 aliases. If you just want to fix your own policy, replace all of the
17 instances var_run_lpd_t with lpd_var_run_t in your policy.
20 Chris PeBenito
21 <pebenito@g.o>
22 Developer, SELinux
23 Hardened Gentoo Linux
24
25 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
26 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243