From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Brad Plant <bplant@×××××××××.au>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened and 64bit
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:59:22
1 Hi Brad,
2
3 Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 schrieb Brad Plant:
4 > > - XEN needs a lot of patching and is difficult to patch together with
5 > > grsecurity
6 >
7 > I have attached my ebuild and patches that I use to create my kernels
8 > (hardened-xen-sources). It uses xen 3.1.0 and grsecurity version 2.1.9,
9 > so make sure you install xen-tools-3.1.0 (look in bug.gentoo.org) and
10 > gradm-2.1.9. Btw, PATCH_URI points to an internal machine here just in
11 > case you were wondering.
12 >
13 > One more thing, this patch _only_ works with x86_64.
14
15 Thank you very much! Your contribution is much appreciated!
16
17 I will have a look at it since I'm still curious about Xen's performance.
18 But to be honest, I'm also a little bit scared due to the non-official
19 state of the patches and hence their guaranteed future. Your statement
20 about yourself running several machines successfully reassures me ;-).
21
22 Have a nice day,
23 Marcel