From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] stack smashing attack while compiling qt on amd64
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:14:33
1 On 11 Dec 2005 at 20:52, Nicolas MASSE wrote:
2 > Yes, the bug is always reproductible. Should I fill a bug report ?
3
4 yes, at least for tracking purposes (i doubt we'll fix it though
5 per se, it's either a qt or ssp bug).
6
7 > Since I'm an IT student, maybe can I try to debug the program, with some help
8 > however...
9
10 ok, i'll give you a few ideas then. start building qt and when it
11 crashes, note the last command that was executed, change to the
12 directory it was run from and execute this command yourself, just
13 to see it abort again. if that works, then you should run the
14 command inside gdb and when it aborts and gdb gets control back,
15 you can do the usual hunt for the cause (look at the stack backtrace,
16 stack content, set breakpoints, rerun the app, etc).
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list