From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] selinux livecd problem
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 13:35:09
1 I had some problems with my experimental server and I lost my live cd,
2 so I had to burn a new one.
3 After searching the mirror for a while, reading the selinux handbook
4 again... I burned the hardened 2005.1 livecd. Wich goes under the name
5 SELinux minimal live cd in the hand book, wich is very odd to me. But is
6 was the correct one, I could boot a selinux kernel.
7 After booting it, I end up whit a red green blue striped screen...
8 hmm... new X feature?
9 I rebooted it with option -noX and after booting I endup with lots of
10 SELinux audit's...
11 Aftter pressing return I notice it is a login screen for wich I do not
12 have login information. I don't know the root password.
13 After rebooting I notice al the extra text at first boot... aahhhh.... a
14 new hardened user, wich is also not in the handbook.
15 I finally got to work.
16
17 I am used to gentoo's new crappy features, but I am also used to
18 gentoo's stabel base wich always provides a good solution.
19 I realy feal this livecd doesn't work this way. I feel like someone put
20 a bug up my as. I no other software who does this.... I think it should
21 not end up that way.
22 But he.... it's still experimental.
23 --
24 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list