From: Jesse Jacobs <jesse@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsecurity 2 in hardened-sources]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:13:42
1 DOH!
2 pressed reply!
3 j
4
5 -------- Original Message --------
6 Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsecurity 2 in hardened-sources
7 From: "Jesse Jacobs" <jesse@×××××××××××.net>
8 Date: Tue, June 10, 2003 11:21 pm
9 To: <solar@g.o>
10
11 Hello,
12
13 First, THANKS!!!
14
15 Huge Appreciation here!
16
17 Why use SLOTS?
18
19 Would u be willing to try using a hard mask?
20
21 When the grsec2 transition takes place across all kernels...
22
23 we can use grsec2 by removing the hardmask.
24
25 Anyone that want's to use grsec2 must maintain package.mask
26 ie.
27 alias realsync='emerge sync && diff -u /root/package.mask
28 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask > /root/package.mask.diff && cp
29 /root/package.mask /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask && source
30 /etc/profile && echo "Maintaining Your Package Limits."'
31
32 Then update the box with:
33 realsync; emerge -uUvp world;
34