From: Allan Wegan <allanwegan@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] die() required on pax-mark?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:08:24
1 > When you emerge something with a bazillion files, the install wrapper
2 > (and thus the python interpreter) get launched that many times. It's
3 > the startup time that kills it.
4
5 Should that PAX markings not only be neccessary for a few hand-selected
6 binaries that refuse to work with secure-by-default settings?
7 I remember setting PAX-markings by hand (a year or so ago) for a few
8 binaries that would else crash with Grsec loglines. I did not had the
9 impression, that there are much of them (that where mostly games, i admit).
14 Allan Wegan
15 Jabber: allanwegan@×××××.de
16 ICQ: 209459114