From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] New Server, considering hardened, need pointers to tfm...
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:19:10
1 Hello all,
2
3 I'm considering rolling out a new server with gentoo, but wanted to base
4 it on the hardened profile, but the gentoo docs I've read so far all
5 seem to be a bit vague about all the details.
6
7 I've been using gentoo for a while on my hobby server, but I installed
8 it about 8 years ago, and chose the 'server' profile, and I must say it
9 has been a real pleasure to maintain, with the only real hiccup I ever
10 experienced being the mailman update that moved the directories for the
11 lists without telling me what to do about it (the fix was simple, and
12 the devs swiftly fixed the lack of post-install docs).
13
14 Does anyone know of a good How-To that covers *all* of the bases? Ie,
15 which model is best - grsecurity, PAX, SeLinux - and how best to
16 implement it?
17
18 The purpose of this server will be as a mail server (dovecot, postfix,
19 amavisd-new/spamassassin, mailman), and hosting a few small websites.
20
21 Thanks...