From: Martin Bene <martin.bene@×××××××××.com>
To: Prabhat Gupta <prabhat@××××××.com>, gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-hardened] Freeswan installation and setup
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:21:35
1 Hi Prabhat,
2
3 I just went trough a comparable install about a week ago.
4
5 >I am using latest gentoo-sources (~x86). I enabled the IPSec
6 >in kernel and emerged super-freeswan. I am getting alot of errors while
7 starting
8 >the ipsec.
9
10 I went with the stable series; installed versions:
11 net-misc/super-freeswan-1.99_p4
12 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r7
13
14 Freeswan emerge worked as expected, no problems.
15
16 firewall root # /etc/init.d/ipsec start
17 ipsec_setup: Starting FreeS/WAN IPsec
18 Usuper-freeswan-1.99_kb4/Ksuper-freeswan-1.99.7rc2...
19
20 Startup of freeswan doesn't produce any unexpected error messages either.
21
22 My configuration uses X.509 certs to allow a bunch of road warriors to
23 connect, setup of required cert files etc followed the installation
24 instructions for the x.509 patch found on http://www.strongsec.com/freeswan/
25
26 No patches are required for the gentoo-kernel sources (they already include
27 the suoer-freeswan patches).
28
29 Bye, Martin
32 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list