From: Tad <tadglines@×××××××.net>
To: 'Hardened Gentoo Mail List' <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] passwd
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:20:47
1 I tried running passwd and got "passwd: Critical error - immediate = abort".
2 When I looked in /var/log/messages I found an avc denied message that
3 mentioned cracklib_dict.pwd. Doing a search I found
4 /usr/lib/cracklib_dict.pwd. This file was labeled = system_u:object_r:lib_t.
5 When I looked in the policy files crack.fc and passwd.te I found that = the
6 passwd_t domain is allowed read access to file typed crack_db_t and that =
7 the files in /var/cache/cracklib(/.*)? are to be labled with this type. I =
8 added this line to crack.fc:
9
10 /usr/lib/cracklib_dict.* system_u:object_r:crack_db_t
11
12 This fixed my problems with passwd.
13
14 Is this the right solution?
15 Does Gentoo ever place cracklib files in /var/cache?
16
17 -Tad
21 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list