From: Peter Shaw <petershaw83@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux n00b questions
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:22:10
1 On Monday 14 November 2005 02:51, Dale Pontius wrote:
2 > I decided to try running BIND on the SELinux system. I get this message:
3 > * Starting named ...
4 > named: capset failed: Operation not permitted: please ensure that the
5 > capset kernel module is loaded. see insmod(8)
6 >
7 > I've made sure that "commoncap" was built and loaded prior to trying to
8 > start BIND. A bit
9 > of google searching, and this seemed to have helped everyone else, but
10 > not me.
11 I had the same problem and googled it, and the module I found I had to put
12 into /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 was ¨capability¨, not ¨commoncap¨.
13 But perhaps you´re using a 2.4 kernel and it´s different - i just subscribed
14 to the mailing list and didn´t see the original post.
16 Do You Yahoo!?
17 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
18 http://mail.yahoo.com
21 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list