From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux base policy r2 in hardened-dev overlay
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:02:39
1 On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 01:39:15PM +0200, Rados??aw Smogura wrote:
2 > I'm not SeLinux guroo, but at eye glance it looks like init (runint) script
3 > 1. reads contexts/run_init_type (but I think this is done to password
4 > authentication)
5 > 2. then it reads and changes to contexts/initrc_context domain.
6 >
7 > This is made in policycoreutils-extras/runscript_selinux.c. There are some
8 > comments about initrc_devpts_t.
9 >
10 > Maybe changin 2. will be solution, instead of read contexts/initrc_context
11 > take context from target script?
12
13 The solution to support <domain>_initrc_exec_t must be a policy-based one
14 afaik. I don't think it'll be too difficult to find (the places within
15 refpolicy that are offering interfaces just for Gentoo's integrated run_init
16 are documented), it'll just take some time to get it in proper shape.
17
18 Question is, will this then support the reason for this (i.e. role-based
19 support for calling only selected init scripts)?
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen