From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Updates on SELinux (base) policy and packages
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 18:55:07
1 Hi lads,
2
3 I've pushed a few changes to the hardened-dev.git overlay, ready for your
4 mass inspection and testing. The changes include:
5
6 - sec-policy/selinux-base-policy-2.20101213-r18
7 * Allow portage (using gentoo_portage_allow_nfs boolean) to work with
8 NFS-mounted file systems
9 * Fix a few openrc issues, including gcc-config support
10 * Allow firefox plugins to work again
11 * Fix support for syslog & postgresql init scripts
12 * Allow mount to use the context= option for most types (not only file
13 system types)
14
15 - sec-policy/selinux-mozilla-2.20101213-r3
16 * Support proxies and tor
17
18 - sec-policy/selinux-rpc-2.20101213-r1
19 * Allow rpcd_t to listen to udp_socket (needed for NFS to work)
20
21 - sys-apps/policycoreutils-2.0.82-r2
22 * Support for Python 3
23
24 - sys-libs/libsemanage-2.0.45-r1
25 * Support for Python 3
26
27 Beware about the policycoreutils: it has a file in files/ that needs to be
28 placed on a correct location. If you want to try it out, copy it to your
29 distfiles. I couldn't just use FILESDIR since there were more than a few
30 changes needed in the ebuild. Right now, if yo don't copy it to your
31 distfiles, it'll give a fetch failure (it'll search on the distfiles).
32 Perhaps blueness wants to put the change in dev.g.o somewhere and adjust the
33 ebuild in the overlay?
34
35 Anyhow, these items fix the following bugs:
36 - #373673 portage fails to emerge with /usr portage on nfs with selinux
37 - #369089 sys-libs/libsemanage-2.0.45 fails to emerge
38 - #371425 postgresql-9.0 init script not SELinux-compatible with current
39 policies
40
41 I did try to get libselinux to support python 3 too, but failed miserably on
42 that. Even the patch that fedora uses to support python 3 doesn't work here
43 (various python scripts, including the _selinux.py from Portage, do not seem
44 to be happy with the string -> bytes or string -> unicode or ... changes
45 that occur). I might take another stab at this in the future, but for now
46 I've had about it :-(
47
48 Wkr,
49 Sven Vermeulen