From: timpoluk@×××.net
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: grsec/pax with xen
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 11:35:53
1 > Von: pageexec@××××××××.hu
2
3 > when you speak of virtualization and kernels, you should always specify
4 > whether you're talking about the guest or host kernel (or both) as the
5 > answer varies between them.
6
7 I was thinking about both but at least I want it for the host side.
8
9 > on the host side, i think pretty much all of grsec/PaX will work fine
10 > except for KERNEXEC (and even that is not unfixable either, but it needs
11 > a patch in the hypervisor code itself, not PaX).
12
13 Unfortunately I am not able to do such coding :-/
14 If you talk about KERNEXEC I guess the kernel option CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_KMEM has to be disabled. Could I use RBAC
15 to get back anything of the lost protection?
16
17 If I want to try XEN what's the preferred way to implement it? Downloading
18 a kernel patched with XEN and then patching with grsecurity or reverse?
19
20 Best Regards,
21
22 Werner
23 --
24 GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
25 Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail
26 --
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list