From: Andy Dustman <farcepest@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Status new selinux reference policy
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:38:12
1 On 5/6/06, Petre Rodan <kaiowas@g.o> wrote:
2 > > -Petre Rodan wrote: "use what we have now in the stable branch please"
3 > > [So is that a package in portage then?] Sorry if I'm being dense here.
4 >
5 > it means use the stable version of the toolchain ( sys-apps/checkpolicy sys-apps/policycoreutils sys-libs/libsepol sys-libs/libselinux sys-libs/libsemanage dev-python/python-selinux ) and the policies we now have in sec-policy/*.
6 >
7 > and even if there will be a serefpolicy release, you are asked not to blindly migrate your production servers/whatever without a thorough test.
8 >
9 > > -How far along is the work to migrate to the reference policy?
10 >
11 > all policies except clockspeed is now in the upstream repository.
12
13 So what's the status of Gentoo SELinux these days? The handbook seems
14 to be updated in the last month, so I guess it's not dead. Just hard
15 for me (as a non-dev) to see much going on. I have noticed though that
16 glibc-2.4 and gcc-4 are still masked, which makes me think this is
17 what was previously referred to by a "non-broken toolchain"? Or are
18 migration problems the real issue (based on comments in package.mask)?
19 Are anywhere close to having a selinux/2006.1 profile or is 2007.0
20 more realistic? And for a new installation, it looks like it might be
21 best to avoid 2006.1 in favor of 2006.0 or earlier, since 2006.1 has
22 glibc-2.4 and gcc-4.1.
23 --
24 This message has been scanned for memes and
25 dangerous content by MindScanner, and is
26 believed to be unclean.
27 --
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list