From: Markus Dittrich <markusle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Xorg testing desired
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:07:20
1 On 6/2/05, Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 > On monday May 30th the PaX Team sent me a testing patch for Xorg to make
3 > it fully pic compliant/text relocation free.
4 > I have been successfully using this patch for a few days now with my
5 > hardware. We would appreciate it if we could get a little more testing
6 > with this before passing it along to our Xorg maintainers and upstream.
7
8 Hi Ned,
9
10 Works fine here on a Thinkpad T30 with Mobility Radeon 7500
11
12 [ebuild R ] x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1 -3dfx -3dnow +bitmap-fonts
13 -cjk -debug +dlloader -dmx -doc -font-server +hardened
14 -insecure-drivers -ipv6 -minimal +mmx +nls +opengl +pam -sdk +sse
15 -static +truetype-fonts +type1-fonts (-uclibc) +xprint +xv
16
17 DRI is enabled and works just fine. All textrels are gone !
18
19 Thanks much,
20 Markus
23 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list