From: John Eckhart <jweckhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened laptop: am I nuts?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:10:52
1 I'm not convinced it's a problem with multilib. The multilib use flag is
2 deprecated and hard masked in most profiles (in fact, it takes a fair bit of
3 juggling and profile mangling to get it back on). I would hesitate to say
4 that it's multilib at all. I have an AMD64 system at work which is running
5 hardened sources with pax, I will have to see what profile it's using and if
6 it has the "multilib" flag at all.
7
8 It may not be hardened at all. I get ENOENT problems with filesystem
9 corruptions, so I would recommend that you reboot with the livecd and fsck
10 the partitions as well (it would at least be faster than a re-install).
11