From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Can't get fully functional (kde) desktop with SELinux
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:02:46
1 On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 09:14:39AM +0200, f.p.barile@×××××.com2 wrote:
2 > Hello to all the list. I need your help to understand what's wrong here.
3 > I tried to convert my laptop to a selinux profile (targeted) several
4 > times following the documentation step by step.
5
6 Hi F.P.
7
8 First of all, thanks for trying the SELinux stuff out. I'm pretty sure we
9 can help you further and fix things so that others don't get the same
10 problems.
11
12 > 1) it seems like some part of hardware can't be revealed in enforcing
13 > mode: Pulseaudio can't see the soundcard, powerdevil can't see power
14 > statistics, newly atttached usb drives are ingored. Obviously
15 > selinux-consolekit, selinux-policykit and selinux-dbus are installed.
16
17 It is best to look at the AVC denials that come up when you launch
18 pulseaudio, powerdevel etc. one by one. Providing all possible denials will
19 make it much more difficult to fine-tune the problems.
20
21 What I usually do to debug issues is to do:
22
23 ~# tail -f /var/log/avc.log
24
25 Then perform one activity (1) that doesn't work. For instance, try to play
26 an MP3/OGG file which fails. Then look at the denials that came up right
27 when you did that action.
28
29 > 3) Logging in root with su or kdesu (in X environment) takes too long:
30 > if the password I write is ok, it takes even some minute to give me the
31 > root shell.
32
33 Here too looking at the AVC denials that come up right then would be
34 interesting. However, in this case it is best to also provide the output of
35 "id -Z" right before you switch root, and right after.
36
37 Wkr,
38 Sven Vermeulen