From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Required Priorities (Security) = slow server
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:02:29
1 El 17/08/12 19:06, Grant escribió:
2 > Interesting, I would have thought Gentoo would keep hardened-sources
3 > in sync with upstream's recommendation/support.
4 There are a few reasons for that not being the case but of them I'd go
5 for the fact that in order to get stabilished a package must have been
6 on ~arch for some time and have no known bugs. Then the arch teams have
7 to test the packages and then the packages get finally stabilished.
8
9 We can't, for obvious reasons, try to stabilize all the packages we get
10 since that would saturate the arch teams' resources, as a result we
11 generaly ask for the stabilization in the case of gentoo-sources of
12 those that have proved to be quite stable for some time.