From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] loadpolicy
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:55:05
1 On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 22:44 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > John Huttley wrote:
3 > > what does the portage feature "loadpolicy" do?
4 >
5 > It tells portage to automatically rebuild/reload the local
6 > policy whenever an ebuild makes changes to it. Otherwise,
7 > new policy modules will be present but inactive until you
8 > manually reload your policy. I'm not entirely sure if you
9 > need it with the modular SELinux policy, but I've had it
10 > turned on since back when we still had the monolithic
11 > policy, and never bothered to turn it off.
12
13 You do want this feature on, unless you want to manage which modules are
14 inserted into the policy, by hand.
17 Chris PeBenito
18 <pebenito@g.o>
19 Developer,
20 Hardened Gentoo Linux
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
23 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243