From: Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] cpufreqd-1.1.1 segmentation fault with hardened
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:48:32
1 On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:11:58 +0200
2 Alexander Gabert <pappy@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Barry Dunn wrote:
5 > > Hi, I've converted a recent install to hardened (USE=hardened,
6 > > changed the profile to hardened-x86-2004.0, emerge gcc binutils
7 > > glibc && emerge-e world, using hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7-r3) and
8 > > now cpufreqd won't start, it segfaults every time. I will be using
9 > > grsec/pax but have removed them from the kernel for now, cpufreqd is
10 > > still the same though.
11 > >
12 <snip>
13
14 > please try chpaxing or paxctling it:
15 >
16 > chpax -pemsrv or paxctl --help
17 >
18 > and then find out which protection needs to be disabled, reenable all
19 > the others and tell us what thing you had to turn on/off to make it
20 > work.
21 >
22 > i doubt its the hardened and i assume its some kind of memory
23 > access/io access that leads it to fail.
24 >
25 > thanks,
26 >
27 > Alex
28 >
29 > --
30 > Chaos is just a perceptional disorder of reality.
33 Hi Alex,
34
35 I had tried the available paxctl options, should have mentioned that but
36 I'd assumed that as there was no difference using a kernel with no pax
37 stuff enabled that pax was out of the equation. I just tried chpax
38 -pemsrv too but it still segfaults. I'm not sure if it's just whether
39 pax is enabled in the running kernel, or also in the kernel the app is
40 compiled with? I just tried reemerging cpufreqd while running a kernel
41 with no pax, but that doesn't help either.
42
43 I'll try a few other things suggested by people, and get back to the
44 list. Thank you all for your feeback!
45
46 Barry
49 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list