From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] flash player plugin
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:40:56
1 Hi!
2
3 I've noticed two issues with flashplayer plugin:
4 1) if there more than one flash applet on page - only one will work, other
5 will show gray box; same is true if two websites open in different Opera
6 tabs, both contain flash applet, and only one of them will work
7 (maybe this issue related only to Opera, not sure)
8 2) some applets (internal flash applications developed in our company)
9 don't work at all in Opera and immediately crash firefox (these applets
10 works fine in Windows and non-hardened linux)
11
12 I found PaX messages in logs related to this issue, and tried to:
13 chpax -s /opt/firefox/firefox-bin
14 chpax -s /opt/opera/lib/opera/plugins/operapluginwrapper
15 and that helps! Now our applets works fine in both Opera and FireFox,
16 moreover I can now open several pages with flash and they all works
17 simultaneously (in Opera). So this solved both bugs.
18
19 BTW, I'm not very happy to relax PaX protection, especially for untrusted
20 content received from websites, like flash applets. :(
21
22 If anybody can confirm this issue, these chpax commands probably should be
23 added to opera and firefox ebuilds...
24
25 P.S. My system is up-to-date (netscape-flash-9.0.48.0-r1, opera-9.24,
26 mozilla-firefox-bin-2.0.0.9).
29 WBR, Alex.
30 --
31 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list