From: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
To: Christian Heim <heim@××××××××××××××.de>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-hardened] mysql-4.0.22 asking to "Authenticating root"
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:22:48
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Christian Heim [mailto:heim@××××××××××××××.de]
3 > Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 4:38 AM
4 > To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-hardened] mysql-4.0.22 asking to "Authenticating root"
8 > Well, I currently trying to install a SElinux Server at home.
9 > There have been some minor glitches, but hopefully I've got the Forums
10 > Search ;)
11 >
12 > But as it seems, noone actually tried to install mysql-4.0.22 on
13 > a SELinux
14
15 I did.
16
17 > machine. The Problem is, mysql init.d script is generally asking
18 > for the root
19 > password, to authenticate the root user.
20
21 This is normal behavior for any script in init.d that is manually
22 start/stopped. If you add the mysql to a runlevel and let init start it,
23 there is no authentication required.
26 > Is there a possibility to change this to the behaviour like sshd
27 > (which isn't
28 > asking after root's password to start/stop/restart)
29
30 I believe this behavior is enforced by runscript, which executes all the
31 scripts in init.d (rather than bash). All you have to do is write your own
32 start/stop script for mysql (running under bash) and modify the selinux
33 policy accordingly.
34
35 Richard.
39 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list