From: Matthew Summers <msummers42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Keeping gentoo-hardened alive (WAS: latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:54:03
1 On Feb 11, 2008 8:48 AM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 00:28 -0800, Ned Ludd wrote:
4 > ...
5 > > So... Any of you that want to help this project
6 > > continue. Please stop by #gentoo-hardened on freenode and offer whatever
7 > > help you can that fit within your skill traits (self motivated ppl++).
8 >
9 > I'm here. I do have limited amount of time but I will do what I can to
10 > help keeping gentoo-hardened alive. I won't be able to keep it alive
11 > alone though.
12 >
13 > -nc
14 >
15 > --
16 > gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list
19 Solar,
20 I just received your last post to the hardened list re death of
21 hardened-gentoo. So, whats it going to take to ensure this doesn't happen. I
22 have started recruiting technical writing interns to do documentation & the
23 first project is going to be updating the hardened docs. While this is a
24 small contribution, its a start. Now, I also employ a developer that has
25 interest in the kernel, & we use hardened-sources on AMD64 in production.
26 I'm certain he would be willing and have the time to help you out. We also
27 have development machines at our disposal to do testing, etc. So, how can we
28 help? Know this, you are not alone.
31 M. Summers
32
33 msummers42@×××××.com
34
35 "...there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
36 - Thomas A. Edison