From: "Javier Martínez" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Updates: a way too simplified security question I am asking anyway
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:21:40
1 Well, first bugs are always there, maybe the unique difference between
2 this two OS is that OpenBSD have found more of them (maybe), this does
3 not means that OpenBSD is free of bugs, it stills having them be sure
4 of this, if this statement is not true why they are still making
5 auditories to their code if there are not bugs?.
6
7 This is not an ideal world, software is written by humans so since
8 humans are not perfect, software is not perfect too, bugs will exist
9 forever, the only thing developers can do is searching for them,
10 nothing more.
11
12 Do you want something to be safe?, first make your system a B1 one
13 (orange book), configure rsbac/Selinux to do so, configure PaX, make
14 an trusted path execution to avoid execution of untrusted software
15 (exploits) and then control the execution of perl an python (between
16 others) scripts (in the way of perl blablabla.pl, which does not need
17 execution rights). You under this two frameworks you can do it. Can
18 you do this under OpenBSD ;).
19