From: atoth@××××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Keeping gentoo-hardened alive
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:18:07
1 On Sze, Február 13, 2008 16:51, Brian Kroth wrote:
2 > atoth@××××××××××.hu <atoth@××××××××××.hu>:
3 >> On Sze, Február 13, 2008 06:07, Geoff Kassel wrote:
4 >> >
5 >>
6 >> It would be a good strategy IMHO to recruit graduates to work on
7 >> security
8 >> stuff. It's a really fascinating topic to immerse in the depth of the
9 >> toolchain and its security features - for a passionate graduate. Of
10 >> course
11 >> it requires a supervisor...
12 >
13 > I work at the University of Wisconsin Madison as a sysadmin (of course
14 > running hardened) and planning on going to grad school in the next year to
15 > start a masters program. I've also daydreamed about using this as a
16 > launching point for a research project, but wasn't sure if it was
17 > feasible. That'll have to wait for now, but when I'm ready I'll post back
18 > and see who's interested in sponsoring me in such efforts. For the
19 > meantime, I'll see if I can take a look at bugzilla stuff.
20
21 It's good to hear, that there are some recruitable qualified personnels.
22
23 As I know (I'm not American) research topics are determined by the
24 graduate school program. So in order to have an available hardened gentoo
25 topic at a graduate school, there should be at least a staff person, who
26 runs that. In my home country (Hungary) this usually happens in a way,
27 that some staff persons have company interest and therefore recruits
28 graduates for specific purposes. So the best would be to have IT graduate
29 school staff person with interest in it.
30
31 Regards,
32 Dw.
33 --
34 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus Szakorvos jelölt, 06-20-825-8057, 06-30-5962-962
35 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist in Training, +36-20-825-8057, +36-30-5962-962
38 gentoo-hardened@l.g.o mailing list