From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux base policy rev 3 in hardened-dev
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:00:22
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Back again with the spamming "SELinux base policy rev ## in hardened-dev"
4 mails, but now for the 2.20120215 policies.
5
6 Changes since rev 2:
7
8 <no bug> Allow sysadm to call qemu directly to launch virtual guests from commandline
9 <no bug> Allow su to get the security file system attributes, needed for su calls
10 #401857 Set /usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/*.sh (and mkinstalldirs) as #bin_t t allow building gnustep-base
11 #403143 Add TCP 3128 as http_cache_port_t (default port for squid cache)
12 <no bug> Update usermanage/selinux util role attributes to include the proper types
13 <no bug> Allow mount to get the security file system attributes, needed for rootcontext mounts
14
15 There is still an issue that amade on #gentoo-hardened reported, that is
16 that our integrated run_init support in the init scripts is suddenly not
17 working anymore. I'm too tired to look at that right now, so that'll be for
18 tomorrow.
19
20 Point is, I *think* we need to have a role transition between run_init_t and
21 initrc_t, but it shouldn't be automated (SELinux supports automated role
22 transitions, but then we would switch roles the moment we touch /sbin/rc,
23 which is also the case when we run rc-config and the like, in many cases
24 where we need to remain in the current role).
25
26 Or, in the notation @@ = execute, --> = transition:
27
28 sysadm_r:sysadm_t @@ initrc_exec_t --> sysadm_r:run_init_t
29 @@ rc_exec_t --> sysadm_r:run_init_t
30 @@ initrc_exec_t --> system_r:initrc_t
31
32 I think that's something openrc does (with its support for SELinux, through
33 /lib64/rc/runscript_selinux.so) or needs to do, but I have no clue how we do
34 all that.
35
36 Until then, you can use "run_init" to launch init scripts, like most (if not
37 all) other distributions work:
38
39 run_init /etc/init.d/apache start
40
41 or using rc-service
42
43 run_init rc-service apache start
44
45 But as I said, I'll look at it more closely tomorrow. It's probably a change
46 I forgot to forward-port or so...
47
48 Wkr,
49 Sven Vermeulen