From: Fabian Steiner <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Some questions concerning Hardened-Gentoo
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:52:30
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm planning to set up a rootserver for different projects but
4 unfortunately I don't have any experiences using hardened gentoo, so
5 that I will have to test it on my local machine at first. I had a look
6 at the official documentation (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/)
7 in order to understand which differnt projects hardened gentoo consists
8 of. But now I have some questions:
9
10 * What's the difference between GrSecurity und SELinux? There are both
11 in der kernel - so may one use both of them at the same time?
12
13 * Moreover, there are two different portage profiles available -
14 hardened and selinux. When do I have to use them?
17 Regards,
18 Fabian
21 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list