From: Jean-Pierre Schwickerath <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Do I need package devfsd?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:38:47
1 > On a new hardened SELinux system, do I need package: sys-fs/devfsd ?
2 >
3 > emerge --depclean doesn't seem to think so. Was curious if this was
4 > required now that sysfs seems to have started to do everything?
5
6 if you use udev, you don't need devfsd anymore. devfs should not be
7 selected in the kernel and you should have udev, coldplug and hotplug
8 installed. Then you can safely unmerge devfsd, I believe.
11 Jean-Pierre
14 Powered by Linux From Scratch - http://schwicky.net/
15 PGP Key ID: 0xEE6F49B4 - AIM/Jabber: Schwicky - ICQ: 4690141
16
17 Nothing is impossible... Everything is relative!
18 --
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list