From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Cannot istall java: pax-marking doesn't work properly with paxctl-ng
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 23:09:07
1 I've discovered, that I cannot install the latest java update. I use sun-jdk.
2 Emerge dies with an error message showing that binaries of the package
3 about to be installed aren't pax-marked properly.
4 It turns out, that java-vm-2.eclass will call pax-mark with -Cm flags on
5 amd64. While paxctl-ng will refuse to alter the binary with the -Cm
6 combination. I can -C first, and -m after that. But the two flags together
7 in a combination will cancel the operation.
8 Either the eclass should do it in two steps, or paxctl-ng binary must be
9 altered to handle this combination of flags (-Cm on amd64).
10 I'm using elfix-0.8.1 package.
11
12 Regards: Dw.
13 --
14 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
15 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057