From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened Targets
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:01:54
1 Shinkan wrote:
2 > Catalyst build stages from 1 to 4 starting with a chrooted stage3
3 > which serves as a build platform.
4 > But as soon as you talk about "stage" in Gentoo, you comes with
5 > portage, gcc and many build stuff I don't want in my target.
6
7 You know more than me, but are you sure it's not just a case that you
8 are looking at a bad example? I see no reason why you wouldn't just
9 produce a new template which simply installs only the things you need?
10 eg in your case you could simply create an incredibly "fat" stage1 which
11 is all the software you need and no gcc, just stop there..?
12
13 I was under the impression the stage1-4 is all arbitrary and just the
14 result of you using 4 template files, nothing else? (use only one stage
15 or use 7 stages?)
16
17 Good luck
18