From: "Joshua J. Berry" <condordes@g.o>
To: KrispyKringle <krispykringle@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-dev-sources-2.6.7
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:55:20
1 On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:44:45PM -0400, KrispyKringle wrote:
2 > | Same problem here. It hangs at the same line:
3 > |
4 > | * genpatches-2.6-7.38-base.tar.bz2 unpacked
5 >
6 > I haven't tried it yet myself, but in case CondorDes isn't reading this
7 > thread (Hi, CondorDes!),
8
9 Hi! :)
10
11 > I'll just report that he claimed the same
12 > problem, and said that an "rm" in the ebuild was locked, and that if he
13 > rm'ed whatever the target was manually and killed the process, it went
14 > along fine from there.
15
16 Yeah ... I mentioned it in response to tseng earlier, although I forget which
17 file it was.
18
19 FWIW, I've been running 2.6.7 since last night (PST) and it hasn't given me any
20 trouble. It's just the emerge that's being screwy.
21
22 > So this sounds like a bug, and it sounds like
23 > someone ought to file a bug report on bugs.gentoo.org and in the
24 > meantime, try tracking down the errant processess with ps :)
25 >
26 > Hope that helps.
27 > --
28 > Dan ("KrispyKringle")
29 > Gentoo Linux Security Coordinator
30
32 Joshua J. Berry
33
34 "I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
35 -- /usr/games/fortune
36
37 NOTE: Please do not submit this email address to any mailing
38 lists or websites without prior permission. Thank you.