From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Samba and login as user KDE
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:02:52
1 On Saturday 28 August 2004 06:32, Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 15:29, Jack Boling wrote:
3 > > Hello I was wondering how it would be possible to login under KDE as a
4 > > User an access Samba.
5 > >
6 > > I am a bit new to SELinux.
7 > >
8 > > Also shells do not work as a user, I suspect this is for security
9 > > reasons.
10 >
11 > I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. You want to log into KDE, and
12 > access samba shares? Which machine has SELinux, the server or
13 > workstation (KDE)?
14
15 The workstation.. I had the same thing with shells not working as a user. The
16 problem here is using kdm (to start with ;). Logging in at console and
17 running startx as the user allows things to work much better. Note, konsole
18 will not work as a user when logged in with kdm even in permissive mode.
19
20 Regards,
21 Jason Stubbs
24 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list