From: "Javier J. Martínez Cabezón" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] "How hard" is Linux kernel-side hardening?
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:09:16
1 >2009/9/20, Javier J. Martínez Cabezón <tazok.id0@×××××.com>:
2 > Another question that I think grsec lacks is the control of which
3 > SETUID binary could change to which uid (for example, permit only
4 > login to change to the uid 1000 and not 80), or forbid setuid if the
5 > user does not authenticate itself against the kernel (with a password
6 > in for example sshd, so remote exploits which affect priviledge parts
7 > of sshd only could change to uid 22 and not to root or those which
8 > affect login could be controlated)
9
10 I was wrong here as you can see here:
11 http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Grsecurity/Appendix/Subject_Attributes
12 Sorry by the mistake.