From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Unofficial hardened-sources ebuilds?
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:13:23
1 Hi!
2
3 Quoting news item:
4 > As an alternative, for users happy keeping themselves on the stable
5 > 4.9 branch of the kernel minipli, another Grsec user, is forward
6 > porting the patches on [3].
7 >
8 > Strcat from Copperhead OS is making his own version of the patches
9 > forward ported to the latest version of the Linux tree at [4].
10 >
11 > The Gentoo Hardened team can't make any statement regarding the
12 > security, reliability or update availability of either those patches
13 > as we aren't providing them and can't therefore make any
14 > recommendation regarding their use.
15 >
16 > We'd like to note that all the userspace hardening and MAC support
17 > for SELinux provided by Gentoo Hardened will still remain there and
18 > is unaffected by this removal.
19 >
20 > [3] https://github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec
21 > [4] https://github.com/copperhead/linux-hardened
22
23 Sounds cool, but is anyone is going to provide ebuilds for these kernels?
24 Not official, but having these in some overlay is better than nothing.
27 WBR, Alex.