From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> (prometheanfire)
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: blueness@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Changes to the predefined grsec profiles: GRKERNSEC_HARDENED_{SERVER,WORKSTATION,VIRTUALIZATION}
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:48:18
1 On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 13:39:45 -0500
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 01/02/2012 06:14 AM, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
5 > > On 2 Jan 2012 at 10:56, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> - - with PAX_RANDKSTACK enabled I'm not able to sucessfully compile
8 > >> glibc-2.14.1-r2 and glibc-2.14.1-r1 (gcc-4.6.2). I get an oops
9 > >> (because auf the kernelstack - I think).
10 > >
11 > > that's interesting, i'd need the oops message (enable kernel
12 > > symbols in your config) and your vmlinux (not bzImage) file. you
13 > > could also try to apply PaX alone just to be sure it's not a grsec
14 > > porting issue.
17 > Hinnerk, thanks for the report and don't worry, I'm not stabilizing
18 > these chagnes anytime soon.
19 >
20 > The sysfs bug doesn't surprise me. Can you either open or bug or just
21 > report here exactly what programs break and which work. The problem
22 > is the way these programs were written and I'd rather patch them than
23 > relax the sysfs restrictions, if possible. Otherwise I'll relax this
24 > on the WORKSTATION profile.
25 >
26 > The randkstack <-> glibc is of concern. If you can open a bug for it
27 > (or at least pass on your kernel config) I'll try to reproduce and
28 > help to get pageexec the details he needs.
32 I just GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT on the virtualization profile. Alsa is
33 working fine for me. Can't test pulse though :|
36 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)