From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: About sys-kernel/hardened-sources removal
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 06:35:11
1 Hello again,
2
3 That you split this off caused me to miss your message.
4
5 On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 5:54 AM, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
6 (klondike) <klondike@g.o> wrote:
7 > Hi!
8 >
9 > The gentoo-dev list is not the right place to keep up discussion on why
10 > or how the hardened-sources will be removed. Not this thread which is
11 > about the news item.
14 Discussing the validity of the news item seems topical.
15
16 > Most packages just get masked and removed in 30 days for example without
17 > sending a news item just an e-mail to gentoo-dev-announce. The only
18 > reason why we are sending it is because most Gentoo Hardened users were
19 > using the hardened-sources and deserve a heads-up as to what will happen
20 > to them and what can they do after (as there will be no clear and simple
21 > upgrade path with similar features).
22 >
23 > Please do send further answers to gentoo-hardened which is the porject's
24 > mailing list.
27 At this point I am following up here because the issue is time sensitive.
28