From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Profile switch: hardened to non-hardened?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 22:33:47
1 > I've been able to do so; basically I switched over to the standard profile,
2 > disabled selinux in the kernel, and re-emerged system for new use flags.
3 > There were some other details but overall the process was pretty painless,
4 > anyone ambitious enough to configure a hardened system can probably handle
5 > the switch without much problem. Not that I'm encouraging you to drop
6 > hardened (especially on a laptop that could be exposed to random wifi
7 > networks ;-)
8
9 Does a properly configured hardened kernel on a non-hardened profile
10 help with that type of thing?
11
12 - Grant
13
14 >> Can I switch my laptop's profile from a hardened one to a non-hardened
15 >> one? I thought this was impossible without a complete reinstall but
16 >> folks on the gentoo-user list seem to think it's not a problem.
17 >>
18 >> - Grant